Our attorneys are seasoned commercial litigators with extensive experience in federal and state courts, commercial arbitrations, and mediations. Our commercial litigation practice includes breach of contract, fraudulent inducement, business torts (such as breach of fiduciary duty and tortious interference with contract), corporate governance, and M&A litigation. We have substantial experience with investor fraud litigation, and have successfully litigated numerous lawsuits arising under the federal securities laws. We have also represented creditors in bankruptcy litigation, including bankruptcies arising from Ponzi schemes and other fraudulent enterprises. And we have substantial experience in international litigation, and are well versed in the discovery issues that are unique to that context, including the Hague Convention and the European Union’s blocking statutes.
Our recent notable commercial representations include:
- Defended a private equity firm against fraud claims brought by an investor.
- Represented a hedge fund seeking recovery in actions arising from the PCI Ponzi scheme bankruptcy.
- Represented a private corporation and its officers and directors in a federal securities fraud action. Plaintiffs voluntarily withdrew all claims following a motion to dismiss filed by the defendants.
- Represented officers and directors of an NYSE-traded public company in a federal securities fraud action. Plaintiffs withdrew all claims following service of a motion for sanctions by the officers and directors.
- Represented numerous defendants in “clawback” actions initiated by the trustee in the Bernard Madoff bankruptcy proceeding. The claims against most of these defendants were dismissed.
- Represent a large private media company in defending against claims for breach of contract and trade secret misappropriation.
- Represent a large public biotechnology company in defending against claims for civil RICO, fraud, and trade secret misappropriation.